Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Camping with Veggies...


  Day 4,277.  Not really.  It has been one month and one day since I begun a plant strong diet.  Today was the first day that I ate something that I just did not like at all.  (As opposed to something that did not like me)  I made a TVP sloppy joe concoction tonight (whilst my family enjoyed delicious, moist, tender carnitas made lovingly for them by yours truly).  It was atrocious.  Just bad.  Seriously bad.   The good news is that I am not hungry for anything (including the delicious pig dish) because I have a bad taste in my mouth.   And the tummy ache that I've had for a week due to a migraine (and subsequent migraine hangover), well... it's back, Jack.  I won't be eating that again.

  So far, things are going well.  I'm still not craving meat or dairy.  I am having a bit of a hang up on meal times these days.  Salads are getting a little bit boring.  I'm trying to get plenty of  raw into my diet and the easiest way to do that is, indeed, by having plenty of salads.  Adding cabbage and carrots to lettuce to make it crunchier... have I really been reduced to talking about adding cabbage (and it being "crunchier" or more exciting?) to a salad? 

  Obviously, I'm still hung up on the food aspect of all of it.  I've not felt cranky or hungry at all, though... so I think I'm on the right track.

  We are leaving on a glamping trip one week from tomorrow.  My newfound lifestyle has succeeded in freaking me out a little.  Camping with veggies?  This is new, uncharted territory for my family, not that they are participating in my veggie-ness.  I've got some recipes, I'm looking at the bright side of learning new campfire recipes to enjoy.  And yes, the family will be indulging in a few veggie-meals.  If I can't stand the thought of cooking additional meals at home with all of the conveniences afforded here, I can't tolerate the suggestion of doing so over a campfire or camp stove.  I'll go easy on them.

   So, that's that.  Everything is going well. A couple people have told me they notice a weight loss.  I've not stepped on a scale yet.  I still need to buy one.  I was out today and forgot again.  Oops.  One day at a time!

1 comment:

  1. Roasted veggies over a campfire sound yummy. Here are some ideas from Happy Herbivore for camping. I've not personally gone camping since plant based so can't 'vouch' for anything.

    http://happyherbivore.com/2013/06/plant-based-vegan-camping-trip-outdoor-cooking/

    ReplyDelete